Cowboy boots are often worn with jeans or denim shorts, but did you know that they also look amazing with dresses?
Pairing your favorite cowboy boots with a dress is a fun and effortless way to create a stylish look. It’s more feminine than wearing jeans and it makes the boots the main focus of the outfit.
We have put together these outfit ideas to help you style your cowboy boots with dresses, along with tips and tricks for putting your outfit together. Keep reading to find the best outfit inspiration for you.
Choosing The Right Cowboy Boots
When it comes to choosing cowboy boots, here are some things that you should always consider:
- Style – There are lots of different styles of cowboy boots. Make sure you choose the style that will go with the clothes you already own. You might want plain boots, studded boots, fringed boots, embroidered boots, ankle boots – there are lots of different options.
- Color – If you choose a neutral color like black or brown then the boots will go with lots of different outfits. If you want to stand out then you can go for a bold color like red or white, but you will need to be more careful when it comes to pairing the boots with your clothes. You don’t have to choose a color or a fabric that will clash with the color of the boots.
- Fit – You need to make sure that your cowboy boots fit comfortably. You might want pointed toes or round toes. You can also choose between a classic fit or a relaxed, slouchy fit. The heels can also vary in height which may impact how comfortable the boots are for you to wear.
- Material – You may want classic leather cowboy boots. You can also get suede cowboy boots for a softer appearance. If you avoid using animal products then you will need to look for vegan cowboy boots. Whichever material you choose, make sure you maintain it properly. You may need to buy some leather polish and/or some waterproofing spray to protect your boots and keep them in good condition.
- Versatility – You want to choose cowboy boots that will look great with dresses, but will also go with other things like jeans and shorts. This means that you will get more wear out of your boots.
Cowboy Boots To Wear With Dresses
You may already own your favorite cowboy boots, but if not then here are some ideas for types of cowboy boots that you can try.
Classic Black Cowboy Boots
Classic black cowboy boots like these will be very versatile and work with lots of different outfits. They look great with denim for creating a 90s style, but also pair well with floaty fabrics and various colors.
They are ideal for wearing in the winter as they don’t show up dirt and water marks as much as lighter colored cowboy boots.
White Cowboy Boots
If you want to make more of a statement then you can go for some white cowboy boots. These will look particularly good with summer dresses and will make you stand out from the crowd.
Avoid wearing white cowboy boots in muddy or wet conditions as they will get dirty very quickly and ruin your pristine look.
Modern Cowboy Boots
If you would prefer something a bit more understated then why don’t you try some modern cowboy boots with a relaxed, slouchy style?
They create more of a bohemian look and will go well with lots of different dresses, jeans and shorts.
Brown Embroidered Cowboy Boots
This will add a bit more detail to your outfit and you can highlight the color in the stitching by using that color somewhere else in your outfit, like your choice of dress or accessories.
Ankle Cowboy Boots
For a more casual look, you can wear some ankle cowboy boots. These are great for showing off your calves and making your legs look longer.
Red Cowboy Boots
These red cowboy boots are a bold choice. They are eye-catching and will certainly make you stand out from the crowd.
You need to be careful what color fabrics you pair them with, but if you style them right then they will look amazing.
Fringe Tassel Cowboy Boots
If you want to embrace the Western look then try out a pair of fringed cowboy boots. They are a statement piece that will look great with simple dresses to add more detail to your outfit.
Dresses To Wear With Cowboy Boots
There are lots of different types of dresses that you can wear with cowboy boots. Here are some fantastic ideas for dresses that will look amazing with cowboy boots.
Turtleneck Sweater Dress
You don’t need to save your cowboy boots for the spring and summer months. You can wear them in winter with a cute turtleneck sweater dress for a cozy outfit.
Accessorize with a nice hat and you have the perfect outfit for a chilly day. Make sure you treat the boots with a waterproof spray to protect them from the rain.
There are several different types of pinafore dresses you can style with cowboy boots. This A-line Pinafore dress is floaty and flattering and would look great with classic black cowboy boots.
This v-neck sleeveless corduroy pinafore dress is perfect for wearing with modern, slouchy fit cowboy boots. This classic pinafore dress can be styled with ankle cowboy boots for a casual and cute outfit.
Spaghetti Strap Sundress
For that perfect, hot weather outfit you can style your cowboy boots with a spaghetti strap sundress. The lightweight fabric and delicate design will keep you cool and look lovely with any kind of cowboy boots.
Add a floppy sun hat to shade your face from the sun and a pair of cool sunglasses.
The Bohemian Dress
A classic Southern look that is perfect for a first date is a bohemian sundress with a pair of cowboy boots.
The off the shoulder sleeves, floaty material and leg splits create a very feminine and alluring look which is nicely contrasted by the boots.
Casual Maxi Dress
Adding cowboy boots is a great way to make your casual maxi dress look more interesting. Choose a dress color that contrasts the dress, then continue this color through the outfit with accessories like a belt.
Use a pair of sunglasses to push the hair off your face and add a pair of hoop earrings or dangly earrings.
Floaty Midi Dress
It’s so easy to put together a cute outfit with a Floaty Midi Dress and a pair of cowboy boots. You can pair any color dress with whatever cowboy boots you like.
Wear some bangles and a long necklace, and accessorize with an over the shoulder bag. This outfit is ideal for hanging out with your friends or going for brunch.
Ruffle Wrap Dress
If you want to look pretty and feminine then you can’t go wrong with a ruffle sleeve wrap dress. It’s girly and delicate but also modest. The cowboy boots will draw attention to your legs.
You can wear tall cowboy boots, ankle cowboy boots, or even modern cowboy boots with a relaxed fit. Don’t go over the top with the accessories because the outfit will become overcrowded along with the ruffle detail and the floral pattern of the dress.
Peasant dresses look fantastic with cowboy boots. It’s a great outfit to wear to a festival or a summer garden party. This Renaissance style peasant dress in olive green would look beautiful with brown cowboy boots.
Cowboy boots and denim is a classic combination that isn’t just for jeans. You can choose a great denim dress to recreate this look.
This long sleeved distressed denim button down dress would look great with brown cowboy boots and a brown belt. This babydoll denim dress is more girly and would look really cute with white denim boots.
Plaid Shirt Dress
Plaid shirts and cowboys were made for each other. It’s a foolproof combination that always looks great. Plaid shirt dresses are casual but sexy. This dipped hem plaid shirt dress is fun and flattering.
Tips And Tricks For Styling Cowboy Boots With Dresses
When you are putting together your outfit, don’t forget to check out these tips:
- Think about the colors – Not all dresses will look good with all colored cowboy boots. Make sure you think carefully about which colors will look better together.
- Choose the right length dress – You need to make sure that the length of dress you choose looks good with the cowboy boots. Remember you can choose ankle boots or mid calf boots if you need them to be shorter. Dresses with a leg slit are perfect for showing off tall cowboy boots.
- Accessories – You can use the color of the boot to accessorize your outfit to create a cohesive. For example, brown boots look great with a brown belt or a brown summer hat. Black boots can be complemented by black sunglasses or a black coat.
- Consider the details – If you choose a pair of cowboy boots with lots of detail like a fring or embroidery, then you should avoid choosing a dress with lots of detail. Stick to block colors rather than patterns, so that the boots are still the star of the show. This will also avoid clashing patterns and textures.
Ziba Lennox Video: Western Boots For Fall
Ziba Lennox absolutely rocks cowboy boots with dresses and more! Check out this great video:
These outfit ideas will help you to style your cowboy boots with dresses, whatever the weather and whatever the occasion.