Doc Martens are some of the most stylish forms of footwear on the market.
Their sleek and sturdy leather design along with the huge variety of added materials and colors they come with make them the perfect footwear that can be matched with nearly any outfit, whether it be a dress or even a tutu.
One key piece of advice anyone who has worn Doc Martens will tell you however is they can take a little while to break in and feel fully comfortable in.
If you don’t take measures to make them more comfortable you could end up seriously damaging your feet and wanting to throw your boots away.
Even when they have been broken in, ensuring you can rock your own style while also remaining comfortable yourself in the long term is incredibly important to make sure you feel as confident as you look.
Choosing the right socks can surprisingly make all the difference and can keep your feet safe while you enjoy wearing your Doc Martens, however they would still need to be stylish of course and go with an outfit.
So you can pick out the most reliable high quality socks that will keep you comfortable and looking great when wearing Doc Martens, here are the best options on the market today.
For a choice that will both keep your feet comfortable and comes in a wide variety of colorful options that you can take your pick from, these ankle socks are perfect.
The most striking feature is just how many options you can choose from with the socks coming in a range of colors including purple, red, blue and pink. Sizes also range from shoe sizes 5-9 giving a good amount of variety.
These socks are not just for show however, they are equipped with a thickened top which will protect your ankle from any nasty effects from wearing Doc Martens often.
They also come with a reifrncoed toe and heel area making them sturdy and durable and ensuring it’s extremely hard to pick up any blisters.
They are also extremely comfy to wear, with built in arch support and moisture wicking as part of the design.
The socks are built to be breathable and promote air circulation so you can avoid sweating and damaging your feet when breaking in some new shoes, while also being a great choice to experiment with because of how varied they are in color.
Being ankle socks they will especially go great with Mary Janes and other low rise Doc Martens, but are also just long enough to appear over the top of the regular shoe, so you can try them out with different looks
- Feature thickened and protective design
- Moisture wicking provides breathability and prevents odors
- Available in various striking colors
- Heavy cushioning on heel and ankle
- Can develop holes after months of prolonged use
- 【QUALITY MATERIAL】Material of Women's Athletic Ankle Socks:80% cotton, 17% polyester, 3% spandex,Stretchy, comfortable, lightweight, wearable and sweat-wicking. High quality material makes these.Women's low cut sports socks so soft and comfortable to keep your feet dry throughout the day.
- 【 SIZE】Fits Women shoe size 5-9 / Socks size 9-11, 6 Pack socks for women.Good matching for all of your favorite athletic shoes.Moisture wicking, Fit for running, hiking, workout, walking, golf, gym, casual, sneakers, sports activities, casual, daily and other athletic outdoor activities and wide variety of summer and winter sports.
- 【 FEATURES】Women's cushion cotton socks breathable design, promote air circulation, wear cool and breathable. provides great comfort and no more blister, reduce sock and foot pain during sports or daily workout activities, Avoid friction damage caused by exercise.
- 【 DURABILITY】Arch Support, Arch Elastic provides added support, helps reduce foot fatigue and prevents bunching, keeping the sock from slipping down. Truly ankle length, not too tight, unique stretch cuffs for a secure fit.
- 【ALL-PURPOSE STYLE】These Women's quarter socks mixed colors put a fun finishing touch on your outfits. No need to worry about deformation or fading. No matter outside or inside,also daily wear and holiday, they have great usage. Perfect present for family members, friends and anyone you.
The Fox Dry Military Socks are very durable, being designed specifically as military grade socks to protect your feet.
The socks are designed with a fully cushioned sole along with a multifilament yarn running up the leg to make sure you will be sufficiently protected against abrasion and any rubbing of the shoe.
They may be sturdy and durable, but the Fox Rivers don’t exchange this for comfortability, in fact with a flat and smooth toe seam and memory knit compression, it keeps the socks flexible and adjustable to your leg ensuring you can always move freely and not be restrained.
The wick moisture technology also keeps your feet dry and quickly does away with sweat and odors while protecting against friction and blisters, not to mention with a few colors to choose from they are a great and stylish option that will mesh with Doc Martens and essentially any outfit.
- Incredibly durable design
- Blister reducing wick moisture control
- Cushioned soles and multifilament yarn protects from abrasion
- Designed to be worn with boots
- Only four options of colors
- Multifilament yarn construction makes it very abrasion resistant and adds durability
- Color: Black
- Outdoor clothing
- From the brand: Fox River
- Sport type: outdoor lifestyle
For another option that offers incredible durability along with being a stylish option to pair with Doc Marten boots, the Mirmaru Hiking Crew Socks are made with 55% combed cotton and 40% polyester making them very long lasting and comfy.
The socks are reinforced with high density fibers along with pile cushioning near the underfoot that ensures your feet will remain safe from experiencing any rubbers or picking up any blisters.
The Mirmaru Hiking Socks are also extremely comfortable because of what they are originally intended for.
Their design specifically supports ankles, arches and heels with a flexible and stretchable material allowing you to move freely and comfortably and not have to worry about the socks being too tight and potentially breaking.
Finally, a great part about these socks is their affordability and the fact they come in multipacks.
A pack of five is extremely cheap especially in regards to how high quality the material is, and is a great way of saving money and using multiple socks over time rather than buying a new pair each time one fails.
- Density fibers and pile cushioning ensures blister resistance
- Toe, ankle and arch departments very stretchable and comfortable
- Great color pattern fits most outfits
- Very affordable and comes in multipacks
- Only one color option
- PERFORMANCE: The Best for Hiking, Camping, Mountain Biking, Trail Running, Backpacking, Travel, Trekking and Other Athletic Outdoor Activities and Wide Variety of Winter Sports.
- BLENDED FOR STRENGTH & DURABLILITY : Made of 55% Combed Cotton, 40% Polyester, 2% Spandex. Socks are designed to keep your feet warm and dry during the rigors of trekking the earth's wild place. They are Strong and durable socks.
- COMFORTABLE SUPPORT: Socks are reinforced with high-density fibers and pile cushioning in the underfoot area for added comfort when hiking, walking, or during any outdoor activities, It protects the foot from shear and prevents painful blisters
- DESIGNED TO BE COMPRESSED & FOR ELASTICITY: Socks are designed to feature a med-compressed & elasticity to gently support and protect an Arch, Ankle, Heels and Stay up, Compressed Top Holds the sock securely on the calf
For a pair of socks that are perfect with just about any outfit and also go towards a great cause, the Socks for Heroes could be the perfect option.
These light brown boot socks feature durable padding on the heel, toe and going up the leg, to keep your feet comfy and safe when wearing boots.
Moisture wicking also allows for a breathable sock that gets rid of odor extremely quickly. They are also quick dry meaning they can be washed easily and anywhere making them very durable for the long term.
The brown design of the socks is also a perfect color to mix with an outfit of your choice and mixes great with the sleek leather of Doc Martens.
If this all wasn’t enough, for every pair of Socks for Heroes you buy a pair is donated to an American service member abroad, meaning you can contribute to a great cause alongside purchasing some stylish attire that will last for years to come.
- Extra padded reinforcement keeps feet and leg safe
- Quick dry makes them easy to wash
- Moisture wicking and odor control
- Goes towards a great cause
- Great color choice that can go with any outfit
- More on the pricey side
- SOCKS WITH A PURPOSE: Socks For Heroes has donated over 780,000 pairs of socks to our nations service men and woman with the help of people just like you. For every pair you purchase, Socks For Heroes donates a pair to an American Servicemember abroad.
- ODOR & MOISTURE CONTROL: Made with highly effective moisture wicking and antimicrobial properties. Our tactical gear military socks are designed to meet the demanding needs of front-line Infantry and Special Operations units at the tip-of-the-spear.
- COMPRESSION & COMFORT CUSHIONED FIT: With compression sock quality, a ribbed leg and cuff design, and extra cushioning over hot spots to provide the highest level of padding and no-slip support.
- QUICK DRY & EASY CARE: Machine washable but you can wash them in a canal as well. Quick dry fabric means clean socks anywhere on your outdoor adventures.
- MADE BY AMERICANS IN THE USA: Socks for Heroes are made in the USA, are easy to care for, perfect for backpacking the outdoors, tactical trainings, and on the front lines. 76% Polyester, 16% Cotton, 7% Spandex, and 1% Nylon. L/XL fits shoe size 10-13
If you have a pair of Doc Martens with a steel toe capped, these can sometimes cause quite a bit of discomfort to your toes especially when you are first trying to break them in.
Luckily the Darn Tough Steely Boot Socks are a workaround that will not only keep you comfortable, but is also a great fashion choice coming in a sleek black design that goes great with Doc Martens and an orange section around the toe and heel.
They are performance fit which means they prevent slipping, bunching and also blisters because of their underfoot protective cushioning and fast acting wicking which helps to pull moisture away from the skin.
The full mesh design surrounding the socks also gives them great breathability and makes them very comfortable to walk around in whether you are wearing a shoe or not.
Perhaps most crucial however is the cushion toe box. This full cushion wrap is built in around the toe section and designed specifically to add comfortability and avoid damage when wearing steel toed boots.
These types of socks are often worn with Timberland boots that also have a tough toe section, however they similarly work great for Doc Martens and are a great choice especially if your boots have steel toe edges.
- Very protective against steel toe caps
- Great breathability and comfort from mesh design
- Good choice of different sizes
- Lifetime guarantee makes them easy to replace
- A bit of a pricier option
- Lack of color variety
- Midweight with Cushion — A warm and extremely comfortable choice when conditions demand it, this fine gauge knitted sock provides mid-level cushion density under your foot. True Seamless technology allows for an undetectable seam fusion for an Ultra-smooth, invisible feel.
- Boot Sock Height - Sits mid-calf for added protection and warmth. A sturdy companion.
- Composition - Knit with 56% Merino Wool 41% Nylon 3% Lycra Spandex. The fast action wicking pulls moisture away from skin, so no more sweaty, stinky socks. The soft, breathable merino wool has fast drying, all weather performance that keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Guaranteed for Life - Darn Tough's famous guarantee - if these socks wear, tear, or develop holes, Darn Tough will replace them no questions asked. No strings. No conditions.
- Made in the USA - Every pair of socks is knit in Northfield, Vermont - the perfect testing ground for the finest premium all weather performance socks.
If it is knee high socks you are looking to wear with your Doc Martens, the Quxiang compression socks are among some of the comfiest and most protective on the market.
It can sometimes be harder finding knee high socks with the same protective capabilities as smaller ankle socks. Knee high socks however are an extremely popular and fashionable look when mixed with Doc Martens, and luckily these socks have come to resolve this issue in being both stylish, and resistant to any damages or blisters.
The Quxiang Compression Socks are fitted with a reinforced heel and toe cushion, preventing blisters and keeping your feet warm and safe.
They also are made of a moisture wicking fabric that can keep not just your feet, but also your legs dry as the material covers the entire sock.
The socks are also fitted with a 15-20 mmHg compression which works to encourage blood circulation through the feet and legs, keeping you active for longer.
With a massive amount of colors and designs to choose from, these compression socks are the best knee high socks currently on the market that can both keep your feet and legs comfortable and safe, and still provide a stylish look that can be customized exactly to your liking.
- Great protection for knee socks
- Moisture wicking fabric keeps feet and legs dry
- 15-20 mmHg compression keeps legs active for longer
- Huge variety of colors and patterns
- A bit more expensive
- COPPER COMPRESSION SOCKS - Copper is a great conductor of electricity, we extended its natural property to rejuvenate blood circulation of your legs through copper fibers capable of reviving blood circulation along with providing a 15-20 mmHg compression. It offers the most perfect settlement scheme for those who sit for a long period during travel or at work.
- COMPRESSION BENEFITS - QUXIANG Compression socks are designed to promote blood circulation and oxygen flow preventing fatigue and helps in muscle recovery. Whether you are an athlete, sportsperson, teacher, flight crew, receptionist, office worker, pregnant, recovering patient, nurturing mother, elderly, our socks are universally suitable for all work.
- COMFORTABLE & DURABLE - Our socks provide better fabric strength while retaining softness flexibility and enhanced air permeability highly suited for the compression process. Wick designs to enable chafing & irritating free wearing experience of an extended period to keep them odor.
- UNISEX - High-quality socks with unique color combinations. Bring you more choices. Best Gift for women, athletes and runners - Anyone on their feet all day. Compression increases blood circulation which provides increased performance and faster recovery.
- SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE - Finest product and service guaranteed!!! Your satisfaction and good health is our topmost priority. We are confident that you will choose it!
Buying just any pair of socks can be easily done, however when you want to get your hands on a pair that you can ensure will be both comforting as well as being stylish to wear with an outfit, there are particular features of the sock to look out for when buying them to wear with Doc Martens.
The material of a sock is probably the most important thing to keep an eye out for when searching the market. Cotton, polyester and bamboo are among the greatest materials that ensure a sock is resistant, durable and long lasting.
Bamboo and polyester are often found in socks that are suited for everyday use or particular activities like running and sports, and are great for both keeping your feet protected and allowing enough flexibility to give you free movement.
Cotton socks also work this way, however they can be a little less optimal for sports.
They are however excellent options for everyday use and are more often than not quite sturdy and thick in design, keeping your feet very warm in the winter and protecting them at the same time.
Wool socks can also be very good, providing a breathable and water resistant material that is also incredibly soft and can be fitted with protective wraps to keep particular areas like the ankle or toes safe.
Silk and nylon are not the best options if you are looking for resilience and comfort. Sure they can look great and be fairly inexpensive, however both are very lightweight and soft meaning they can tear easily and are very delicate.
They won’t do a great job of protecting your feet and legs compared to other materials and won’t keep them very warm, so if this is what you’re specifically looking for then it may be best to avoid them.
The length of the sock matters because Doc Martens come in a fair range of sizes and so you will want to make sure you get the right pair that will fit exactly how you want them too while also remaining comfortable.
Low rise Doc Martens such as the Mary Jane’s do not have a high rise going above the ankle and so ankle songs can work fine with them.
Many other Doc Martens however are higher cut reaching slightly higher up the leg, ankle songs can be worn with these, however to make sure your legs are comfortable and protected, it can sometimes be a better choice to seek out regular length socks or knee high socks to wear.
This is of course all down to personal preference, so don’t be afraid to test out different lengths of socks with a pair of Doc Martens to find the style you like the most.
Also always make sure the fabric of a sock is moisture wicking, which provides heavy resistance to sweat and odors. These will come with most sock materials and are vital for keeping your body fresh and smelling good throughout the day.
If the socks do not have a moisture wicking function then they will probably be poor quality, and it would be best to avoid them.
Nearly all high quality socks that are durable and reliable in the long term will have a moisture wicking feature built in so it is always worth double checking.
This Is especially important for Doc Martens which, being boots, are big and bulky and retain a lot of heat within the shoe.
This is especially the case if you are wearing thicker socks or if it’s a very warm day, sweat and bad smells can quickly arise if you don’t take the right precautions however moisture wicking is a lifesaver in this department and solves the issue almost instantly, so always make sure it is a part of the fabric when choosing a pair of socks.
Color and Design
This may seem obvious, but alongside comfortability, finding a pair of socks with a color and pattern you know you will like down the road is incredibly important to make sure you don’t end up returning them soon after purchase.
This is of course highly dependent on your preference of style, however always keep in mind that even boot socks that can be worn with Doc Martens come in a large variety of colors designed both by major brands and individual artists.
Therefore if there is a particular color or design you want to get your hands on, never be discouraged by the fact that they are boot socks as there is still a massive variety to choose from as long as you keep looking, and for smaller ankle socks the options are virtually endless.
And there you have it, the very best socks on the market right now that can be worn with any version of Doc Martens to give a look that both feels great and comfortable.
Whether you are looking for an option with a lot of variety to choose from, socks that are extremely protective in particular areas, or something that is slightly longer but still protective and comfy, these socks are the best available on the market right now for what they each do.
- 38 Shoe Ideas For Styling A Pink Dress - October 19, 2022
- How To Style Sweaters With Skirts For The Best Winter Outfits - October 19, 2022
- How To Create Sexy, Modern Outfits For Women At Work - October 19, 2022
Last update on 2022-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API